Thursday 10 May 2018

Take your own advice, Mrs. Trump. Be best.

Yahoo News photo illustration; photos: AP, Getty
What’s going on behind that stage smile and those unreadable eyes? What thoughts run between the banal lines you’re handed to read?

That’s what I was wondering this week, Mrs. Trump, as I watched you face the cameras, still twirling like a model, seen but barely heard.

And I was thinking: I wonder if this woman realizes how much power she really has.

I’m probably the last person who should be offering advice here — I get that. I’m sure you don’t remember the only time we met, many years ago, in the Trump Tower apartment, where your husband did all the talking and all the preening, and even in the back of the stretch limo and all through dinner I didn’t hear you say a word. I’m guessing that was just every night of the week for you.

I don’t pretend to know much about the life of a first spouse, and truthfully I’ve never found it all that relevant. We ought to care about what happens in the Situation Room, not the residence.



By Matt Bai.

Full story at Yahoo News.

No comments:

Post a Comment